By at 11:08 PM Sunday, December 14th 2008

Unholy Night: A Severely Metal Christmas Mixtape

Mixtapes

After spending an embarrassing amount of time¬†downloading and sifting through double-digit gigs of Christmas songs, it’s a yuletide miracle that I’m not sniping mall Santas for sport by now.

That being said, welcome to the first installment of our¬†Christmas Songs Mixtape series. We’ll be posting a new batch of songs every few days until the big X, each mix pulling from a different genre or style for your aural delight.¬†

This collection is, quite obviously, a heavy metal Christmas mixtape, focusing on a batch of tracks that are either altogether on the side of laughably stupid shredding (Spinal Tap) or face-meltingly metal (King Diamond). Whatever the case, these are some of the best and brightest metal renditions of Christmas favorites you’ll find.

1. Justin says:

Genius!

2. stonerdave says:

thnx this is fucken aswome have a metal christmas

3. right back at ya (“atcha” corrected in this post-Palin word world) – happy to be of assistance.

4. jason says:

The santa picture when you click on skid row is very metal! can anyone help me get a copy of this digital or print?

5. SunnychefSarah says:

Horns High Santa; )

6. PireddOne says:

Have a metal christmas from Italy \m/ ;)

7. Stew says:

Mucho Gracias Johnny, but I hope you don’t ‘re-gift’ any other presents from 2008 to friends or family.

8. Come on man! A fresh one, please!? I’m a stoner and all, but I remember things. By the way, I just realized the bottom wallpaper with the christmas messages, and it hurts my feelings (sniff, sniff) that I’m not there…

9. Ouch, dude! Merry Christmas ;)

10. JoeyJoey Joe says:

Great list but I would suggest you check out a band called Theocracy. Christian metal band with a number of AWESOME Christmas songs including one called Rudolph Vs Frosty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au2UvtYyrSI