By at 7:29 AM Tuesday, September 2nd 2008

The United States Of America Vs. Me

Guns N' Roses, Music

Hi everyone. As you are all undoubtedly aware, I was arrested at gunpoint last Wednesday by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and I am now facing a federal criminal charge by the United States Government of copyright infringement, after allegedly hosting a stream of 9 Guns N’ Roses songs, for a brief period of time in June.

As a result, many old friends, new enemies, creepy strangers and reporters have been cramping my style; Asking questions, offering to help, threatening to injure / kill me, wishing me luck, wishing that I rot in jail for the rest of my life, hiding in my bushes, et cetera.

Of course, I’ve been consumed by more pressing concerns, and I haven’t been able to respond to any of it. But I wanted to take a moment to address some things today, now that my situation is a little more under control.

As this is a criminal case, I will not be discussing any of its details, with anyone, while it is open. Inquiries of any kind in any relation to this case should be directed to my attorney, David J.P. Kaloyanides, APLC, without exception.

I am trying to take full responsibility for my predicament. I consider the burden of legal fees ultimately mine to bear; I have independently raised the funds required to retain my attorney. However, it has definitely been by far the biggest expense I have ever faced in my entire life, and my resources are very limited while formidable costs shall continue to pile up. It’s beyond daunting, being a single independent citizen facing a full-force prosecution by the most powerful government in the world.

The United States Attorney’s Office has almost unlimited resources to prosecute. The FBI has nearly unlimited resources to investigate. And while by “resources” I mean taxpayer dollars of course, in this case they also have the added resource of the band’s lawyers, on which they have already relied.

Supporters have expressed an interest in contributing to a defense fund, so I’ve opened one up. You can send funds via PayPal to [email protected], or through this PayPal donation button:

We’ll be keeping track of every single contributor, and we’re exploring ways we can show our appreciation and thanks. If anyone out there wishes to donate anything our supporters may appreciate; CDs, concert tickets, anything- we’ll be happy to re-distribute them out to other donators, or auction them on eBay to benefit the defense fund. Either way, I will be auctioning off some of my own few valuable possessions, including a Gibson Les Paul BFG guitar that we may try and get autographed by one of the bands that Antiquiet has supported.

We’re open to all creative suggestions; direct any you may have to [email protected].

You can also send mail to our PO box, anonymously or otherwise. Checks can be made payable either to myself (Kevin Cogill) or my lawyer, David J.P. Kaloyanides, APLC.

Your donation and / or correspondence can be kept completely confidential if you so desire.

Skwerl

1. you suck says:

How can you even say allegedly hosted the songs? You have admitted full well that you did host them, so why act like a bitch now?

As Slash has said, I hope you rot in jail.

2. Ryan says:

Dude, anonymous posting people are pussies so hopefully comments like that don’t get to you. You have my support, if that helps. I’ll send what I can for a donation, hopefully collected with others it will help.

And Fuck Slash, that is so easy for a millionaire to say. He’d cry if someone put him in jail and they cut his pretty curly hair off.

3. Todd says:

At gunpoint seems incredibly excessive.

that’s what the judge thought, and that’s what i thought. especially after i told the agent that would ultimately lead the arrest very clearly that all he’d have to do is call (or summon) me and i’d come right in.
    obviously, they care more about the audience in the theater that this is than they do me.

5. Joseph Rose says:

Agents drawing guns to arrest you to accomplish the goal of arresting you is pretty on par with you re-tagging the MP3’s and hosting them on your own blog to accomplish the goal of sharing new GnR jams. They are both designed very specifically to draw attention.

And god, I hate when the total bullshit “allegedly” talk starts. Donations seem odd, but I’m sure there’s some kids who will see this and send in some cash. In all reality, they should force you to write and record an album and only use the money generated from that album to pay your bill. Better keep tabs on the rough mixes though, cuz if that shit leaks…

Seriously though, this is all retarded. I don’t WANT you to be in trouble for this stuff, but as far as the black or white issues go, you’re guilty.

6. BuddyGoodness says:

Uhhhh Slash is the biggest pussy in rock. I am a big bad rock star but someone hosting my piece of shit album deserves to go to jail, cause that is what rock stars advocate, throwing people in jail. Anyone who likes Slash after this (I never did he is such a bratty little girl) should be neutered so you do not breed cause pushing for someone be to thrown in jail like this is against everything rock stands for and shows his true roots, being that he is a self obsessed money grubbing joke of a man.

Having said that it was a dumb idea to host those songs, especially knowing how much record labels are fucking people over left and right. The government should have better things to do and better ways to spend taxpayer time and money than protecting rich companies. I feel bad that you are getting shafted like this and I don’t believe you deserve to go to jail but you made the decision that led to your arrest. Everyone that comments how they hope you rot in jail should get raped by a horse.

7. John says:

You are guilty, but you are guilty of a silly law. I think they’ll give you a slap on the wrist. The industry will try to make an example out of you but the public are behind you so they won’t successfully convict you. The result of this case will be watched by half the world

8. John says:

If a ten year old posted songs then they wouldn’t arrest him. The American goveronment need to seriously consider the consequence of a conviction.

9. Jannick says:

Okay. First of all. buddygoodness. You seriously need to think twice before posting replies like this again. Slash left guns`n`roses in 96´ because he could not stand Axl Rose. This is NOT his album. After guns´ Slash was in a band called “Slash snakepit” witch made 2 solid albums of bluesy hard rock. And is now a member of the band “Velvet Revolver”. And Slas wasnt nominatet the “guitar hero” for nothing. He is a 100% rocker. He has performed with all the greats. Aerosmith for an example. And hell no! Rock Aint about throwin´ people in jail. Thats the only point you`ve got. But as you apparently know nothing about the bands. You ofcourse couldnt possibly know that the old guns´ where hard rockers. But Axl is a little punk who`s is all about R´nB and classic shit. Thats where it all went wrong. And to you skwerl. I do not think that jail in this case is justice served. But then again i am no proffesionel musician. To them. Their material is their creativity, their job and in many cases their children to them.
    But if you ever talk to that snot-nosed punk Axl Rose for some reason. PLEASE put a fist in his face for all fans of guns`n`roses REAL members.

10. BuddyGoodness says:

heh, sorry my mistake, axle not slash my bad. I am not very good with crappy hair band member’s names.

11. BuddyGoodness says:

please replace the name axle with slash and then the rant works.

12. Rob says:

just wait till the album is delayed and the label sues you for destroying their marketing plan, ask you anonymous source who got you the mp3s they may be able to tell you more. Just plead guilty you did it they have proof your done.

13. Get in the Ring says:

It sucks to be you.

14. doug says:

is axl anything to do with this or is it just the american government??/ im well confused.

15. pizza says:

People seem so caught up in the whole guilty vs. not guilty thing. It’s an excessive law, for sure. It sucks that you’re the first they get to test it on.

Soon as I find myself a job, I’ll toss a little token something toward you efforts. Until then, you’ll be in my thoughts. Keep your head up.

16. Jannick says:

Bad hair=good music
    example: ac/dc. iron maiden. metallica. gunsNroses. led zep. kiss. aerosmith. ramones. all greats had “bad hair” as you refer to. no offense taken.

17. Heath says:

You knew what you were doing was illegal. Don’t ask for pity know.

18. spike. says:

Those few minutes the songs were hosted are probably the only time the public will ever hear them. As I see it, this is nothing but a case of making an example of the little guy. Seems to me the point has been more than made, and Skwerl complied as soon as he was asked to take them down. It’s beyond ridiculous, and will ultimately only serve to keep Axl’s name in the public for a little while longer.

Oh, and Slash can shut the fuck up regarding “rot(ting) in jail.” This comes from the same guy that used to shoot smack behind his knees and between his toes. Not terribly sure if Saul Hudson is the one to dispense legal advice.

19. Rory says:

These huge bands make so much at their shows; the only real concern probably comes from the labels, not from the bands (Axl himself). I was sure I read somewhere that Axl doesn’t intend to press charges himself.

So then who gives a shit!

So some tracks get leaked and there is potential for a loss in sales, then the label takes a hit, the band goes on tour and the band makes the same amount of cash they would of regardless. Do you know how many bands have come out of long term contracts with nothing to show for it (See Vertical Horizon) for one. I love downloading music for free, and I love that people are doing it. I buy plenty of CD’s as well, but fuck the labels. I was so happy to buy Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails CD’s this year, that have no major label affiliation, and I hope more bands follow suit.

20. Alex says:

I’d like to see a FREE SKWERL t-shirt! Even though you’re out on bail, I still think that says it all. I’d buy one in a heartbeat!

21. Me says:

I really hope this works out for you Kevin!

I love how everyone is on here making negative comments but I bet every single one of them have the sons on loop on their CD player.

Hypocrites!

FREE SKWERL!

22. music fan says:

sux to be you, but thats what you get. you’re lucky one of the guns didnt go off when they were pointed at yout…..it felt like roses when you held on to your guns, huh! :)

23. andy says:

those songs sucked, and guns n roses sucks. you ruined it for everyone. i hope you rot in jail.

24. chris says:

don’t worry, you’re not going to jail………….

25. chris says:

it’s all scare tactics…. and if they fine you, just don’t pay, fuck em. you didn’t steal the tracks did you? the crime is the person who originally stole and leaked them. hosting them may be illegal but you’re not going to go to jail… the only reason this even made headlines is that it’s guns n roses and people are bored out of their f’n skulls when it comes to the entertainment industry, which is why concert tickets are $100-500 each face nowadays. rot in jail for hosting some mp3s??? give me a fuc$ing break!!!!!!!!!!

26. mathieu says:

fuck u dude! u fucked up, that’s all there is to it. i fuckin hate u for what you did, you fuck head! u dont respect shit by posting that stuff publicly, like i said: u fucked up, and now u fucked! word to slash (who used to not always be a millionaire); fuckheads!

27. Chip says:

I hate when people leak stuff, but what’s the point in putting people in jail over it? You made no profit over it. I think if anything you should get a pat on the back…it’s probably the only way people will ever hear it.

And the leak wouldn’t have effected cd sales if that stupid douche axel would have just released the cd 10 years ago…you know, before the internet was fucking things up.

Like Chris said, you’re not going to go to jail over this. You’ll probably get a hefty fine, but i’m sure you’ll get off.

Good luck man.

28. Don’t let the annonymous assholes get you down, Skwerl. Even the dudes you ran with back in the SEDelco Days. You know they all peeped the new tunes, and are throwing you under the metaphorical bus now that shit’s hitting the fan.

Nothing but love and respect for stepping to the plate, not revealing your leak, and taking a nut shot from the FBI squarely on the chin. Let me get my paycheck this week, and there’ll be a couple dollars on the Free Skwerl Donation line.

You know Delco’s got your back, son. Holler.

29. It sucks! U.S. Doesn’t have the GREAT power! I am really thankfully because I wasn’t born in U.S. because that country is so bad!!! I dunno, i don’t like…..

Guy! BE FREEEEEE… Skwerl from CHILE, you have our support!

If you have problems there, come to CHILE.

Here, everyone is free and you know! we have the biggest indices of piracy, hahahhaa.

so, if you want to.. add me MSN or add me FACEBOOK.

CHILE supports SKWERL.

SEE YA BRO!!!

30. interesting to note that the anti-skwerl people all have some of the worst spelling and grammar around.

Also, I heard Joseph Rose sucks PPs.

31. DJ says:

It’s irrelevant whether the tunes are any good.
    The songs have been upped to many different file sharing sites and I don’t see any of them being prosecuted over it.
    The arrest was a stupid publicity stunt by the fbi.Abusing their power is only going to encourage people to support Skwerl.
    I can understand the record company being pi**ed about this.The album has taken years and millions of dollars to complete and they have every right to expect a fair chance to sell it.The fact that it has been available to download will have an adverse affect on sales.
    I would imagine some legitimate sites will stream,at least,some of the album before it is released so the record companies seem to encourage this type of marketing.Why go after someone who was only streaming some of the songs?
    The comments of Slash were ill advised.Perhaps he was in a drug induced state of paranoia when he made them!
    I’ve just seen that Travis are releasing their new album on their own label so it would appear more and more bands are following Radiohead’s public lead(they weren’t the first band to do it just the highest profiled one.)
    Good Luck Skwerl.I hope you collect enough to pay the fine you have coming.

32. Sherri says:

You were a legend in your own mind. Now, look how you’re going down. And no I don’t have the songs and I am not a hypocrite. What you did was wrong and people like you are, without remorse, ruining the entertainment industry.

33. Errol says:

Fight it man. I’ll donate coin. Make those fuckers at Interscope Records come into Court and tell the world EXACTLY what you allegedly released. MAKE them say what the status of the songs you released actually were and IF they are actually off Chinese Democracy or any other album GnR intends to put out… Make THEM take the stand and put these questions to them. It’s the only way REAL fans will find out…

Best of luck dude.

Remember as Ron Thal said, “they’re only demos anyway”…

34. GNR ran says:

What do you need money for? It takes no money to own up to what you did. Stand up in court, plead guilty for your actions, throw yourself on the mercy of the court, and stop whining. What person over the age of ten doesn’t realize that you can’t post shit that’s not yours?

35. Rawlie says:

You do the crime, you do the time.

Sucks to be you but thats what you get for stealing. Idiot.

36. Joe says:

“It’s beyond daunting, being a single independent citizen facing a full-force prosecution by the most powerful government in the world.”

Don’t break the law and you wont have to worry about this…

assfuck

37. greg says:

lmao at people donating money for this shit

38. The Ripper says:

What music consumer doesn’t love a post-release, unauthorized rip now and then. Most every Ipod-toting-music-fan does. That’s one thing. But onlining tracks from a legendary band before they have been officially released for sale to the public? Come on!?!?

Anyone could argue they have enough money already. They are stinking rich. Blah, blah, blah… So what? A doctor, engineer, attorney, etc. gets paid for their talent. What were you thinking? You’re a total dumb-ass-idiot! Where is your common sense? Where is your respect? If you wanted to be famous, you got your wish. Oh yeah, a little infamy and possible incarceration comes with that, too.

You thought you would do this and no one would notice? Even if they are rich, it costs money to go into a studio. It costs money for promotion. It costs money to manufacture. The pros understand what you did. Part of the problem is you’re an amateur. The other part is your stupidity.

The wost aspect to this is that you could have ruined the hype that is associated with building up the anticipation of a new release. You have definitely contributed to the hype that these tracks now exist out there somewhere for free. In the event that the unauthorized content migrates to a large portion of the devoted fan base, these are the consumers that will most aggressively seek it out, they will decide if they do or don’t like it before making a retail purchase.

You better hope Chinese Democracy is the best album ever released by GNR, sells five, ten or more million copies, otherwise, you’re going to be tagged with destroying the albums revenue, and that could cost you millions in a civil action, not to mention a possible $250,000 fine for each guilty count in federal criminal court. How many tracks where leaked?

Despite my blistering viewpoint here, I personally don’t think you should go to jail for the rest of your life (at all) or be damned to ridiculous monetary judgments, but what you did was wrong. Maybe you should clean GNR’s houses, wax their cars and do their landscaping for the next five years. Unfortunately for you, I’m not the judge, prosecutor or your blood-thirsty plaintiffs.

Truly understand what happened here. Everyone can learn from this. We all need to respect each other a lot more than we currently do. It’s one thing to steal a candy bar from the corner market; you burnt the factory down.

39. Kurt's Bush says:

What a bunch of fucktards you clownbois are…where the fuck did you get the bright idea that this was either LEGAL or a GOOD idea…? Now you’re whining that they take copyright laws seriously? You knew what you were doing, so stand up like a man instead of some pussy little slacker and accept accountability for your actions.

I hope they throw the fucking book at your dumbass and take every nickel you got just for fun…you tards have some jacked up sense of entitlement…

40. LA80srocked says:

I guess the first thing that comes to mind is: how did you get the songs? There are 4 songs on the gnr website so you should ONLY be held responsible for 5 – right? I tell you what,- I think you did one hell allot of good to GNR AND their fans cause personally speaking they fucking fucked themselves to death by putting of an album for 10 motherfucking years! Do they have any fans left after such bullshit? By you “introducing” a few of their songs folks get excited again and can’t wait ’til the release of their album, -hopefully soon. I think Axl should kiss your feet and help to dissmiss the charges. I listen to their songs on their website and it gave me goos bumps. Altough Axle is pissing off the world by not reasing the album he’s still fucking got it! YOU GO DAWG!

41. Michael says:

Good luck, Skwerl – you gave us Guns fans an undeniably nice present, even though the government is trying to fuck you because the good publicity you created is “damaging the band”. God forbid you fuck with some rich guy’s money, right?

Hope you stay a free man.

42. Just Some Guy says:

Hello, I just came across your website on The Smoking Gun.

I must say, it does seem a little excessive; although, I suppose the FBI does have their way of going about business. And nobody got hurt in the end, right?

I also don’t see how this hurts Guns N’ Roses sales either. The same people who listened to it streaming, are the same people who are going to buy their album (and the same people who are going to hear their songs on the radio). I’ve never been a big Guns N’ Roses fan. I think their music kind of sucks and Axl Rose sounds like he got kicked in the balls by a mule.

43. selloutpunx says:

Wow, these songs have been on my computer for months. I forgot all about them until I read this. I should probably listen to them one last time before the CIA breaks down my door.

44. The funny thing is that record labels (Victory, for example) have created internet personas to “leak” songs off of upcoming releases for publicity. So what harm exactly did Skwerl cause?

And what about the person that sent the tracks to Skwerl? Nobody but Skwerl and his source are privy to the nature of the tracks, whether it was Skwerl’s understanding that it was a legitimate “leak”, or whether some dude was pissed at his boss and sent them to Skwerl.

It’ll all come out in court.

And for you pricks saying, “Just throw yourself on the mercy of the court”, wake the fuck up. That’s not how the system works. If you get pulled over for speeding, you fight the ticket and plead it down either with the cop or the judge. It’s how the system is. I’ve known Skwerl for a while, he’s a stand-up guy, and I know he’s dealing with this like a man. He could be dropping dimes like a tripped up meter maid. But he’s not. He’s owning up to it, and facing the prosecution head on. And don’t ever think that you’re not a man because you’re staging a defense. That’s fucking weak. I’d really like to see these other haters looking at federal, pound me in the ass, prison time. See what they do.

45. Joe says:

My question is. What is the difference between what antiquet.com did, and gunsnroses.us is still doing? I don’t get it.

46. TheDoctor says:

Try not to grunt or whimper too much when Bubba bends you over the jail bunk- it makes him angry.

47. Axl says:

Gonna call the President
    Gonna call a Private Eye
    Gonna get the IRS
    Gonna need the FBI

Gonna make it a federal case
    Gonna wave it right down in your face
    Read it baby with your morning news
    With a sweet hangover
    And the headlines too, now

48. Stoo says:

I feel for you man, and you’ve got my support.

It’s not like you nicked the tracks out of GNRs studio, you just found the leaks. if something falls off the back of a van and someone picks it up, they’ve hardly raided the van at gunpoint or something. hell, letting the songs get out full stop is fucking clumsy of Axl. plus you weren’t exactly making money off it.

all in all Axl’s just a whiny fat cunt who’s overreacted. he’s fucked us GNR fans over for over a decade with this album, shit happens mate. let this poor guy out of jail, and if you really need to lock someone up lock up the guy who got the tracks out in the first place.

anyway, fuck you Axl, i’m enjoying your album and I haven’t paid a penny. :)

49. nathan says:

Why would anyone donate to you for stealing axls music?
    You put it up so we could listen for free… now you want US to pay for it?
    you made yourself the middle man… save your money and buy the actual album when it comes out to support the real moral cause here.

good luck though, i’m sure you meant well.. i mean its one thing to share it with a friend or two.. but to host it for the world to take it? thats pretty dick.

50. Rocker says:

You posted stuff illegally, knowing that it was illegal, now be a man and face the music (pun intended). You can’t blame the FBI for doing their job and enforcing copywrite laws.

51. gnrbaby says:

This sucks. How is it possible that albums leak every week and nobody gets hurt, but you stream some songs, that who knows if they really are Chinese Democracy or even GNR (for sure) and the FBI knocks on your door? You have no way of knowing if those tracks are indeed finished songs,etc. Seems a bit excessive and odd. Perhaps it was Shacklers Revenge that did it, as it is a publish track on Rock Band, and the they are counting on that to sell copies.

I feel for you. I think this is a bit overboard. I hope they

52. kai says:

This is all a bunch of shit. This is just like when Metallica fucked shit up for Napster … they were pieces of shit too… These old “artists” with their minds stuck up their 4 track recorders need to get a fucking clue and get with the times…..

Take NIN or Radiohead for example … the future of music is here and its in the form of digital releases … if the album is good enough, people will buy the physical CD …

I personally didn’t care for any of the new Guns songs I have heard snippets of … but I think what you did is just fine and that what the record label and slash are etc are doing is a fucking cop out….. Too bad they are just trying to gain hype off something thats not so big of a deal… funny thing is …. you prob helped their sales bro ….

I support you 100%. Good luck and keep us all posted.

53. kai says:

ps. You might as well of put them on a torrent site and then they couldn’t have “knocked on your door” just like gnrbaby mentioned …. They come knocking when you stream it – but not when an album is leaked via torrent sites ….

54. Me says:

Everyone donate $0.01! That way the PayPal fees will eat away at the legal fund!

55. PLAY says:

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT ETHICS? COMMON DECENCY? FOR F SAKES PEOPLE GET A F LIFE

ANYONE CAN START A BLOG, UPLOAD A SONG, DESIGN A WEB PAGE, WEB 2.0 I MEAN F. ITS THE NEW WORLD? AND ITS OK? THE NORM TO SHAFT YOUR LOYALTY?

EVERYONE’S A F INTERNET ROCKET SCIENTIST AND INTERNET IS BIG BUSINESS, WE ALL KNOW THAT. SO???????????????????????

YOU KNOW OK EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES, PART OF IT OR NOT. BUT I MEAN YOU ARE A PART OF IT AND THAT IS THE REASON YOU ARE BEING PROSECUTED, AND PEOPLE SUPPORT YOU MAINLY BECAUSE OF WHAT!?

YOUR NAME DOES HAVE A NICE RING TO IT, KIND OF LIKE.. UHMM… KEVIN MITNICK? KEVIN COGALL? OR WHATEVER YOUR NAMES IS.

KEVIN MITNICK DID POSITIVE THINGS AND NEGATIVE THINGS. AND YES HE RAN FROM THE LAW. MAYBE YOU SHOULD TOO?

INSTEAD OF LEAKING SONGS, DOING TORRENT SITES, ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS, WHY NOT ACTUALLY HELP THE FUCKING ARTISTS? LOYALTY? THINK ABOUT IT.

IF YOUR WORLD WAS TO END TOMORROW, ALL YOU COULD SAY WAS. AAGHH. “I HAD A BLOG, IM A HACKER. I LIKE PIRATE MUSIC. ITS OVER ANYWAY”

ACCIDENTLY LEAKING SONGS, PURPOSEFULLY OR NOT!? ONE OF THE GREATEST ROCK & ROLL BANDS EVER?

MY QUESTION IS WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON THE MUSIC, WAS IT EMAILED? UPLOADED? BY WHO? WHO COPIED FROM THE MASTER? SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU IS TO BLAME. I MEAN, THE REAL SOURCE HERE IS PROBABLY SOMEONE CONNECTED AND KNOW THE FBI IS HAUNTING YOUR ASS.

OR ITS A PUBLICITY STUNT FOR SOMETHING EVEN FAR GREATER HERE.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY?

PERHAPS YOU ARE BEING FRAMED! SCARY.

WHICH IS PROBABLY VERY FUCKING STUPID AND SAD. YOU WERE STUPID BUT “YOU’RE NOT ALONE

IN ALL FAIRNESS, CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS PROBABLY THE BEST THING GNR HAS EVER DONE, MAYBE, MAYBE NOT.

TO ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE DOING PIRACY FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL GAIN, PORN, MUSIC I REALLY DONT GIVE A SHIT. YOU FUCKING SUCK.

AND THEN THINK IF IT IS REALLY WORTH IT SHAFTING YOUR LOYALTY UP THEIR ASSES

WHAT HAPPENENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHERE YOU COULDNT WAIT TO UNWRAP THAT PIXIES RELEASE ON TAPE? REMEMBER?? NOW WE FIGHT ABOUT COURTCASES LEAKING MUSIC.

WHAT THE F PEOPLE, HEED THE CALL OF THE MACHINE RIGHT?

GO ON LIKE THIS SEE WHERE YOU END UP ONE DAY.

SHAFTERS AND YOU SAY YOU ARE PURVEYORS OF MUSIC.

56. John Henry says:

“GET A LIFE! GET OUT OF YOUR LITTLE STINKY MURKY DULL APARTMENT OR WHEREVER THE HELL YOU ARE, SMELL THE AIR LOOK AT THE SUN AND THINK ABOUT THE ARTISTS THAT MAKE YOUR LIFE INTERESTING, GIVING YOU MUSIC THAT YOU LIKE, GO THROUGH THE PAIN AND ANGUISH OF PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, THE HAPPY TIMES TO SHARE WTH YOU”

This comment reads like it was written by a guy who ‘smells the air’ and ‘looks at the sun’ regularly. You sound like a shining light, so positive and upbeat. It doesn’t read like in a ‘LITTLE STINKY MURKY DULL APARTMENT’.
    ‘Think about the artists that make your life interesting’ – this is by far the most ego-centric comment i’ve ever read.
    “Good old days where you couldnt wait to unwrap that pixies release on tape” = You are sad.

57. Karl says:

I find it funny you got arrested and penalized for leaking the music when the real criminal is the guy who made the crap.

58. Hec says:

Hey man… im really sorry because u maybe just wanted 5 minutes of fame, now you will face the law and probably will pay for the fact that you hosted the songs, songs that you never get permission to host… songs that you didnt help to make…

So much people have wait more than 10 years on the making of that songs, yeah… you are the one who give us a taste of them, but would be the same without the leaks and probably the CD would be out and a bestseller on this days.

You steal the work of someone, its a shame, but you must pay for it….

I think that the only person fucked on this mess its W.A.R.

Maybe you wont recieve a Dr. Pepper, but who cares i dont like it… i will send you mine…

59. John Henry says:

Hec,
    i agree with most of your comment but seriously, it was starting to look like the album was never going to be released. I say fair play to Skewl for releasing songs which should have gone out in an album at least 5 years ago.

60. Atila says:

RESPECT! Just gave some contribuition…. not much but what i could spare from Portugal, good luck man!

61. Jam HAM says:

That’s funny and completely hypocritical of SLASH ,I just read his book and without exzageration the first 10 chapters were all about him stealing for no reason at all and about how funny it all was to him.This guy stole everything he could get his hands on ,he once stole a tent just to see if he could do it ,and then discarded it on someones lawn ,cause he wanted to show off to his friends ,for crying out loud he talked about, in an entire chapter about how he stole every record ever made from Tower Records ,how he did this for years and was finally cuaght ,and how he just got a slap on the wrist .I like Slash but this is the pussiest comment i’ve ever seen what a fucking (proven in his own words no less )hypocrite!! SLASH YOU ARE A PUSSY HYPOCRITE LYING BITCH BOY!

62. Joe says:

yeah these days the record company will probably make more suing you than they will on the record itself anyway. and they’ve gotta pay off the estimated $13 million in studio costs somehow…..

even if i am sentenced to federal ass-raping for the rest of my life, the record company won’t get a dime. it’s a criminal case; the government (not the label) vs. me. i’m not being sued, i’m being prosecuted. in fact the band is paying their lawyers to help the government with their investigation, so this is actually costing them more money than they could possibly make from it.
    now if, after the criminal prosecution, they bring civil charges against me- how are they ever going to get even one of those thirteen million dollars out of me? i’m a kid with a blog. i have no assets, all money i have in the bank is being spent on legal fees, and then i’ll probably need to take out loans that’ll put me in debt for a long time.

64. Adam says:

Whatever happaned to free press? What, the land of the free? Who ever told you that, must be your enemy. And that is something you should have thought of before you posted the songs. And maybe you did, and if so; Stand up for what you have done and fuck any lawyers, they’ll only cost you money.
    I’m not saying I like you’re going to get punished, but you have to realize that we live in a world where anything you say or do can be defined as a crime. P.A.T.R.I.O.T act?
    Good luck to you.

65. Babz says:

I think the point people are missing is:

“Hey he’s going up against the Government and has not a chance in hell of copping any sort of plea bargain unless he has good counsel.”

Without good counsel he’d might as well bend over and grab his ankles because they will make an example. As well, they will toy with him and play around like he’s silly putty on a hot day.

They are within their rights to be pissed, if it was your music leaked, you’d have a shit fit too. But the way it was handled is sure as hell questionable, huh?

The advantage that you do have here, Kevin, is the Press Corp. I don’t believe, regardless of counsel, that the public is going to allow a lynching, although you can expect to get your pee pee smacked. (Yes, it hurts, been there, done that) So, the more people know about it, the more public scrutiny, the more accountability for the Government to play fairly.

Kevin, stay humble, admit what ya can, live, learn, then laugh.

66. jazzyjeph says:

Bit late I know but sorry to hear about what happened to you. Can I suggest you work with REAL Rock N Roll artists like Nine Inch Nails who will let you download and even remix some of there songs or perhaps insist on Creative Commons licences. And although I know this is serious, if it gets Guns N Roses played a bit less you have done us all a favour :), on the other hand if you stuck tostreaming Slash’s guitar solo’s you might be OK :)

67. 5 star article brilliant. I am new to blogging and you simply used a langauge I could understand

68. Kerry Tamai says:

I’m very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best doc. Exotic Girls London, 24 Moreton St, London, SW1V 2PT, 028 2088 0136

69. Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did
    you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple
    tweeks would really make my blog jump out.
    Please let me know where you got your design.
    Thanks a lot