We’ve mentioned Mad Season‘s deluxe reissue of their debut record Above a few times by now. Long after the passing away of lead singer Layne Staley and bassist John Baker Saunders, the group’s surviving members got together to recover a few unfinished songs by the group, and have none other than Mark Lanegan sing on them. With the record hitting stores this Tuesday, you can finally listen to all three songs.
While we’d already posted Locomotive here, you can now stream the two other tracks featuring Lanegan, Black Book of Fear and Slip Away. Check them out below:
Black Book of Fear:
The contents of the Above deluxe edition are as follows:
CD1 – Above tracklist
• Wake Up
• X-Ray Mind
• River of Deceit
• I’m Above
• Artificial Red
• Lifeless Dead
• I Don’t Know Anything
• Long Gone Day
• November Hotel
• All Alone
PLUS bonus tracks:
• Interlude (previously unreleased)
• Locomotive (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan )
• Black Book Of Fear (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan )
• Slip Away (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan )
• I Don’t Wanna Be A Soldier (remix)
CD2 – Live at The Moore
• Previously unreleased full audio set of Live at The Moore performance from Seattle, WA, April 29, 1995.
• Includes “Wake Up” “Artificial Red” “I Don’t Wanna Be A Soldier” “I’m Above” (featuring Mark Lanegan).
DVD – Live at The Moore + Bonus Footage
• Full video set of the Live at The Moore performance from Seattle, WA performance, April 29, 1995. Remixed and remastered for 5.1 sound, and newly edited by director Duncan Sharp .
• Plus, more bonus footage, including a full concert of the band’s performance from New Years Eve 1995 at RKCNDY in Seattle, and both performances from the Seattle-based Self-Pollution Radio specials, one newly edited.
Above can be ordered over at the band’s official website. Check out a mini-documentary on the making of the new edition here. Sometime in the future, we may see more of Mad Season’s unreleased material via a group featuring Mike McCready, Barrett Martin and Duff McKagan.