Sundays are for being lazy, catching up on life and taking your time doing the disgusting things we don’t have time to do throughout the week. Here’s what’s distracting me from motivating today – and did I mention Antiquiet Podcast #3 is live? Talking shit on festival culture, lamenting the new fried chicken Chalupa monstrosity and mouthing off on new music. Enjoy.
- Lady Gaga’s hitless bandwagon activist nonsense can take a seat. THIS is the Super Bowl Halftime show you should be watching. Over and over.
- The most-searched Super Bowl recipes and beer styles by state.
- If you’re into Super Bowl commercials, here are 15 “leaked” SB51 ads ahead of the game.
- If punching nazis is your thing (and it should be), and you can’t find nazis or don’t want to deal with felony charges, this game is for you.
- Bad hombres, eh? Trump’s opened the door for 8 million people to be deported.
- Hate a bunch of stuff, but still want someone to love? There’s an app for that.
- Here’s two dozen albums with “the most incredible production” in recorded music.
If certain sounds drive you completely fucking bonkers with rage, you might have Misophonia.
- Here’s a map of popular Valentine’s Day-related gifts for each state. Hat tip to Tennessee for cheap sex toys and edible underwear in Pennsylvania (really?!), but fuck off with your Lord Byron poetry, Alabama. You’re fooling nobody.
- The Totino’s pizza rolls recurring commercial went to intense new heights on SNL last night.
- Speaking of SNL, Melissa McCarthy showed up and delivered an impression of Sean Spicer that took “fucking hilarious” to a new level.
- The acoustic era (1877 to 1925) gave rise to the expression “put a sock in it”, which commemorates the common practice of placing a sock in the horn of the phonograph to muffle the sound for quieter listening.
- Trump’s senior cabinet diversity is on another level, featuring every hair line and tie color known to (white) man.
- Girls with rage issues are the greatest.
- Made it through all 13 stories? On a fucking Sunday?! Well done. Here’s your reward: the best new music tearing up my speakers this week – follow on Spotify for near-daily playlist updates.