A sizable batch of new music, music news and more for your face on this fine Wednesday, because distractions are necessary when we can all undoubtedly relate to this feeling.
- The Black Angels have returned with the churning, ominous Currency, the first single from their upcoming Death Song album.
- The Magic iPod is fucking awesome. Drag-and-drop mashups on tap – for instance, mix Kanye’s Touch The Sky with Cake’s Short Skirt, Long Jacket. Or, God forbid, Jay Z and Evanescence.
- The IRS just sent Michael Jackson’s estate a bill for $700 million. I don’t feel quite so bad about my tax bill now.
- That little Bieber prick made almost $2 million on his Super Bowl commercial.
- Yesterday I called bullshit on Sabbath being finished onstage. One day later, vindication.
- Tom DeLonge is retarded. Period.
- President Steve Bannon once wrote a rap musical about the L.A. riots.
- Mark Lanegan is back with a new album called Gargoyle, and a promising new single called Nocturne.
- Here’s Fiona Apple singing a cover of SWV’s Weak, looking like she’s about to burn your house down and attempt to actually eat your heart in a fit of obsessive love-rage.
- Daft Punk want you to visit their L.A. pop-up shop from February 11th to the 19th, after teaming up with various designers to create limited edition apparel and accessories.
- Obama is appropriately acting as if the weight of the world has been lifted off his shoulders, and here are some other post-presidency wind-downs from previous presidents.
- Scientists have discovered why whales breach and leap out of the ocean.
- Big Mac ice-cream? Have at it. But GTFO with your chicken nugget sprinkles.
- The current groupthink consensus is that SXSW has run its course, is far too corporately driven and top-heavy now. But Austin is still the best place in America to live, apparently.
- Get your heavy metal Valentine’s Day cards right here.
- Vote with your money, case #519: Under Armour’s CEO just heaped praise on Trump.
Keep up with the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Got story ideas? Gripes? Creepy haikus? Send ’em over.