New AQ Podcast coming later this morning – are you caught up on the good shit?
Lots of exciting news today…
- The new Queens of The Stone Age record is now complete.
- There will be a “weed oasis” at Coachella this year, about six miles offsite. Or, and here’s a wild thought, you can just smoke your joints at a music festival like a normal goddamn human being, the way everyone’s done forever. Jesus fucking Christ.
- Ryan Adams and Jenny Lewis are making music together.
- Wayne Coyne was a fry cook at Long John Silvers, and other day jobs formerly worked by rock stars.
- Facebook is on a music-centric hiring spree at the moment. Because what we all need is a music service where we can also argue politics til we’re blue in the face.
- Randy Marsh fooled New Zealand with a fake Lorde performance.
- There’s a Game of Thrones live concert tour, and Matt Berninger of The National dropped in to sing The Rains of Castamere from the series.
- So did Serj Tankian, actually.
- There’s a Bob’s Burgers live show coming as well, with El Vy slated to perform.
- There’s no reason anyone should be paying attention to Johnny Rotten anymore. Especially after this.
- The soundtrack for The Dark Crystal is getting a vinyl reissue…
- Dave Grohl, Sammy Hagar, Bob Weir and more are set for the Acoustic 4 A Cure Benefit concert.
- RZA returns with No Refuge, taking aim at Trump’s MAGA bullshit.
- Wiz Khalifa went to Pablo Escobar’s grave and smoked a joint, and now everyone’s losing their shit.
- New stills are available from the upcoming remake of Stephen King’s It, and I still don’t know how to feel about this version of Pennywise.
- Prepare for a billion new Star Wars movies.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Inside scoop? Criticism? Tasteful nudes? Send ’em over.