Hi there, and happy Wednesday. I was wondering what kind of day it’s going to be, so I turned on the TV to see wall-to-wall coverage of White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer downplaying the Holocaust. So apparently a storm of shit lava will be raining down from the skies at some point, so wear your galoshes.
Meantime, here are 22 music stories to make the world seem a little less fucked.
- Come get your Coachella schedule…
- R.I.P. J. Geils, who has died at 71. You remember him from Centerfold. The first non-radio song of theirs I heard was No Anchovies, Please, and I was weirded out enough to dig deeper.
- There’s a new Dead Weather live album and concert film on the way.
- Heart needs therapy if they’re going to reconnect and play together in the future.
- Listen to a new Kamasi Washington song called Truth with an accompanying short film.
- Paramore covers Radiohead’s House of Cards. Watch.
- Oh look, GQ profiled Scott Stapp for his “resurrection,” which includes singing for a terrible band called Art of Anarchy. Apparently all band members have been informed of his presence.
- By the way, this asshole claims the ghost of Scott Weiland visited him to warn him about drugs. Fuuuuck you dude.
- Hey Ed Sheeran, when you’re paying $20 million to make a song theft lawsuit go away, you’re guilty as hell.
- Lorde’s new album follows the trajectory of a single house party. Also, Max Martin called out her “incorrect songwriting,” but it’s not as bad as it sounds.
- Jared Kushner’s last.fm profile is a hypocritical shitfest. Or something. But listening to the Hamilton soundtrack after throwing dozens of tomahawk missiles into Syria seems counterintuitive. Also, it might be fake.
- Ass model Iggy Azalea suggests shaking your fat asshole around and spreading shit particles all over the room will help you lose weight.
- Somehow, saying “I’m really sorry, you guys” after stealing $7 million from acts including Alanis Morissette doesn’t really make a difference in the least.
- Listen to a new Nas song called Angel Dust, and at two minutes in length it’s some tasty old classic sound.
- A new kind of pistol shrimp species has been named after Pink Floyd, and not a felonious rapper as previously predicted.
- Statues of famous musicians around the world. Beethoven’s looks like he’s about to come alive and eat you.
- Paul Oakenfold performed on Mount Everest, but it’s hard to tell how close he was to the dozens of dead bodies strewn along the hiking path.
- Since you’re up on the mountain already, watch two snowboarders go full Tron on their rides.
- Rolling Stone has settled a lawsuit over their atrocious fake campus rape story.
- Put your own context on this retarded Phil Anselmo quote, using Lemmy quotes to peripherally justify his fan fallout as an “ebb and flow” of being a public figure. I’m sure the sig heil and “White power!” callout onstage had nothing to do with that.
- There was a rave on the London Tube subway, and there’s video.
- Royal Blood’s new album arrives in June, and fuck yeah to that.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.