The new Antiquiet Podcast is all about stand-up comedy. Our favorites, the best of all time, “women aren’t funny” and more, after a drunken night at a comedy club.
On with today’s top stories:
- Don Cheadle stars in the new Kendrick video for DNA. You know it kills.
- Cat Power + Pharrell get split-screened in the badass new video for Cassius’ Go Up.
- Drake got robbed… of a Pepsi. And it’s just perfect that Mr. Lotion drinks that shit.
- The new Soundgarden album is nowhere near being ready, so don’t get all crazy with anticipation. Check back in a year.
- This year’s Podcast Consumer Data report has all kinds of infographics on listenership demographics.
- There’s a new Prince album coming out on Friday, full of unreleased material. Check out new song Deliverance.
- There’s already a lawsuit over the masters to the album, by the way.
- Smiths, Hall & Oates, Police songs have been made into Stephen King book covers.
- Korn unveiled their pre-pubescent bassist two nights ago.
- There will be FIVE post-credit scenes in the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
- Idiot makes internet bet about new Kendrick record, loses. Now he’s eating a vinyl record, which is particularly toxic, by the way.
- Kendrick‘s DAMN vinyl hits in July.
- Chelsea Wolfe and Deafheaven’s George Clarke took Youth Code’s Lost at Sea and turned it inside out.
- Pearl Jam signed an unholy pact with career-long enemies Ticketmaster to help redesign the sound of Key Arena in Seattle.
- James Hetfield narrates the trailer for the Addicted to
Jacking OffPorn documentary.
- Michael K. Williams is about to play Miles Davis in a new biopic and that shit is awesome.
- Jawbreaker are back together, playing Riot Fest this year. Reunions all day.
- Did ravers decapitate a lamb during an illegal rave in England? What the fuck, people?
- By the way, the Riot Fest lineup is stupid awesome. NIN, QOTSA, Peaches, Bad Brains and so much more.
- Jack White’s American Epic documentary will air on PBS and BBC. Check out a trailer.
- Father John Misty covers the Velvet Underground’s Who Loves The Sun.
- Sleep are silly and that’s great.
- Shakespeare was a pothead. Go figure.