Big news day, ladies and gentlemen. Let’s get to it.
- The combination to the vault holding the most prized Prince possessions is the dimensions of his ex-wife.
- A Fox News musical is kicking off. Just what everyone needs.
- Exploring Depeche Mode‘s love affair with Los Angeles.
- Phoenix unveiled a few new songs at their show last weekend.
- Over a hundred phones were stolen at Coachella, and five people have been arrested in connection with the theft.
- Neil Young still thinks people want to buy his old-man Toblerone player, and now he’s delivered a streaming service all his own to accompany it. It’s also a familiar name to anyone who watches Empire.
- Chance The Rapper declares war on merch bootleggers, filing preemptive lawsuits against them.
- Kendrick has shut down theories on a companion album.
- He also explained the secrets behind DAMN.
- Bob Weir and Trey Anastasio covered Lady Gaga’s Million Reasons. Check it out.
- New Danzig song sounds like it was made in 1988. I guess that’s a good thing? Shit sounds like your schizophrenic Vietnam vet howling like a tone-deaf mule in his garage.
- New Rise Against song sounds totally identical to Rise Against. Can these guys write a song that doesn’t sound like a desperate plea to gather our strengths and rise up against the emotional oppressor?
- Look for new Noel Gallagher in November.
- Watch Dave Grohl interview his mom about raising a rock star.
- It’s official: the new QOTSA album has been finished and mixed.
- “Ghost frontman breaks character to explain lawsuit” is the most depressing music headline of the day.
- The Smiths didn’t mince words about Trump for their Record Store Day release.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify.