Starting this up again after a few days off in respect for the greatest loss the rock world has seen in decades, and a podcast celebrating his life, projects and inspiration. “Back to normal” doesn’t ring true. We don’t go back to anything now. We only move forward, less than before. But one foot moves in front of the other, and we continue down the path, honoring Chris the best way we can while sharpening our tools to a finer point of betterment.
- Chris Cornell‘s funeral will be held this Friday in Los Angeles. A public memorial service is expected to be held at a later date.
- The Chris Cornell tributes are deep and wide. Incubus + Cage The Elephant. Metallica. Living Colour. Ryan Adams. Aerosmith. U2. Bush. Corey Taylor. Live. The Pretty Reckless. Ann Wilson. Stone Sour. The Cult. RHCP. Eric Church.
- And the written tributes…
- A Seattle memorial held across the entire city.
- Chester Bennington isn’t reacting well to the rising consensus that his band’s new record is an atrociously gross trend-pandering bomb of nonsense and spineless music. Urban Outfitters got a storefront makeover, and dude’s calling us “fucking pussies” and saying he wants to punch you in your mouth.
- Here are all kinds of charts about the impact of streaming on album sales.
- Lou Reed would piss all over these little safe spacers.
- B-side aficionados will find a home here.
- Jack White has announced a children’s booked called We’re Going to Be Friends.
- Trump brought redneck asshole mascot Toby Keith to Saudi Arabia to play a show for the fine country-loving Muslim-hating population… wait. Yeah, anyway, Trump watched the show for roughly nine seconds as he drove past on a golf cart.
- The fascinating tales of the difficult first month of Studio 54.
- No. The answer is no. And I’m not proud of it.
- Listen to new Phoenix track Ti Amo.
- There’s a Chainsmokers song that’s passed 1 billion streams. Fuck everything.
- Former pirate Radio Caroline has been granted a full-time broadcast license… on AM radio.
- Prince’s six siblings have been named heirs to his $200 million estate. Now for the reality shows, lawsuits and headline throwdowns.
- Sasheer Zamata is leaving SNL after four seasons, joining Bobby Moynihan and Vanessa Bayer on their way out.
Don’t tolerate presumptive speculation on Chris’ death. The details are conflicted, the story fragmented. Headlines about former Foo Fighters guitarist calling Cornell “selfish,” endless call-to-action pieces about suicide hotlines and depression are operating on unresolved assumptions. Let the dust settle before making Chris your soapbox mascot, please. For fuck’s sake.