Ever been to Milan? Pretty shocking how entirely covered the city is by graffiti and the stench of piss. No need to travel to Italy for that. But you can’t beat the food + wine.
On with today’s stories…
- After 30 beautiful years, the Bridge School Benefit concerts are coming to an end.
- The Killers have a new song out, and they’re pushing their own boundaries admirably.
- The new Horrors song is solid stuff.
- Oh, there’s new Grammy rules? Are they changing the color of the ribbons at the local high school too? The fuck out of here with your arbitrary designation of glory.
- Eddie Vedder paid $28,000 just to keep the show going last night in Dublin, during a 33-song marathon set. And the setlist is ridiiiiiiiculous.
- How much does Glastonbury pay its artists? Here’s a non-answer, but it’s very low comparatively.
- Dude with very limited indie cred who looks like a castaway character on Moonshiners is throwing shade at Noel Gallagher’s songwriting ability.
- Check out the latest kickass new jam from The Low Hums, whose new record was produced by the legendary Jack Endino. NightMagicWine is due out Aug 25 on Union Zero. That’s quite a big release day for rock.
- Why, Gene Simmons? Why? You’re just a dick, dude.
- Good Guy Dave Grohl makes the impact of cancer a little easier to handle.
- Ever since getting her “woke girl” haircut, Katy Perry is all about those lit-ass buzzwords.
- Guy who writes songs about hating the world and burning people alive needs a little sympathy on his latest trip to rehab after fucking over yet another crowd.
- Portugal The Man eats 8 pizzas while discussing their new album Woodstock. EAT IT.
- But hey Ghost fans, here’s another dude who wears face paint and took it off for headlines!
- Alternate title: Screeching Art Fraud Yoko Ono Takes Another Gigantic Steaming Shit on Art We Love
- Maynard‘s going to be on a horror podcast. Who needs new music? Let’s talk spooky stuff!
- If you’re into Westworld, there’s a bunch of Season 2 info waiting for you…
- Did we ask for a Jay Z / Beyonce mashup album? We did? Alright. Here it is.
- This is what happens when you never spank your children. Will Smith, this is on you.
- Say goodbye to the Pirate Bay.
- Pro-Palestinian groups are pissed at Thom Yorke for Radiohead playing Israel, and rightfully so.
- No soup for anyone, apparently.
Keep up with all the new music you need right here.
- 1941 – Harry Nilsson (d. 1994)
- 1943 – Muff Winwood (Spencer Davis Group) (74)
- 1949 – Russell Hitchcock (Air Supply) (68)
- 1951 – Steve Walsh (Kansas) (66)
- 1954 – Terri Gibbs (63)
- 1956 – David Hinds (Steel Pulse) (61)
- 1957 – Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) (60)
- 1963 – Scott Rockenfield (Queensryche) (54)
- 1969 – Ice Cube (48)
- 1976 – Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol) (41)
- 1976 – Dryden Mitchell (Alien Ant Farm) (41)
- 1978 – Romell “Ro-Ro” Chapman (Antoher Bad Creation) (39)
- 1981 – Billy Martin (Good Charlotte) (36)