No time for the bullshit, let’s just kick into what matters and get this week over with.
- Watch the Bonnaroo live stream this weekend right here.
- Eagles of Death Metal are scoring the new Super Troopers movie. All is right in the weird-ass pop culture world.
- Muse are live streaming a concert on Facebook this weekend.
- The creative director of U2′s Joshua Tree tour shares some insights and behind-the-scenes production details that are fascinating… if you’re into that kind of thing.
- Lorde‘s new song Sober is here, complete with legend about writing it “in a trance”. A bit fucking tired of the hyper-contrived “I see music like colors” weirdo nightlife pixie, to be honest.
- Hell yeah I’d see Bill Murray cover Van Morrison in concert.
- Sound-boosting panels have gotten some strong tech improvements, which could be a great thing for music venues.
- Kendrick Lamar and SZA just dropped a new track called Doves in the Wind.
- Listen to the new Phoenix record in full today.
- There’s a new record club for you to get excited about.
- Spotify’s plan to win the streaming wars.
- The new Sia video is a feel-good romp of hilarity. Just kidding.
- By the way, Taylor Swift is back on that streaming hog. The same day Katy Perry releases her new album. This bitch is master-level cold.
- Want to watch the Manchester benefit concert from last week? Tough shit, because corporate money.
- Not really feeling Anthrax coffee. Not sorry.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify.
- 1950 – Trevor Bolder (Uriah Heep) (d. 2013)
- 1967 – Dean Felber (Hootie & the Blowfish) (50)
- 1967 – Dean Dinning (Toad the Wet Sprocket) (50)
- 1970 – Ed Simmons (Chemical Brothers) (47)
- 1978 – Matt Bellamy (Muse) (39)
- 1980 – James Walsh (Starsailor) (37)