On days when the music news is a bit thin on meat, I’ll spiral out into other areas of interest. After all, music is the soundtrack to life, not life itself. And when we don’t talk openly about life and how to collectively expect & accomplish more, shitbags like Trump and R. Kelly take control.
Need new music? Check out this Fresh Blood playlist, updated regularly.
On with today’s stories..
- Two Republicans are national heroes today. Why? They just killed the entire GOP health care
slash and burn giveaway for the richoverhaul by defecting.
- What’s up, fantastic new Nine Inch Nails song that sounds more like it’s from The Fragile sessions than anything else in the last 20 years.
- McGregor knocked out while sparring? Yeah, this Mayweather fight’s gonna go really well…
- Bernie Sanders inspired Portugal The Man‘s Feel it Still single, and that’s pretty fucking rad.
- Hey Ed Sheeran, maybe stop spraying your shitty ginger self all over things we love, and we’ll stop hating your constant inescapable presence.
- A deeper look at The Defiant Ones, the vaseline-lensed but highly compelling 4-part doc on Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre.
- Wait, R Kelly isn’t a man of respect and integrity? He’s actually a piece of pedophile shit? You don’t say.
- Jay-Z sold 174,000 physical copies of 4:44 in America last week. That was almost 150,000 more than the #2 album, Something to Tell You by Haim. Can we stop pretending these 80s-humping sighing weirdos are amazing?
- Apple continues to play the attempted relevancy game by redesigning the iPhone 8. Sorta. Don’t buy it.
- Here are 10 hit songs Chris Stapleton wrote for other people, which show this dude is a legit songwriter. Pay attention to this cat.
- Science wants to tell you what the best song in the world is. Scientifically.
- Death Grips and Ministry are going out on tour together.
- GNR‘s Appetite For Destruction is turning 30, and there are pop-up shops appearing to commemorate the milestone.
- Here’s how Elon Musk plans to power the entire U.S. with solar energy. And it’s fairly simple.
- When even the Drudge Report is calling out Congress for being the least-efficient its been in 164 years, you know shit has gone entirely off the rails.
- Oh, hey, multiverse evidence. Casually. Tell me more about your little problems.
- Inception gets a 2017 relevance makeover.
- Speaking of which, Apple has heard your cries and demands. You’re getting a breastfeeding emoji. Also a puking face and a ton of others.
- There’s no standalone Hulk movie in the works. And that’s ok.
- Welcome to the Ataribox, the first Atari console in 24 years.
- A depressed clown sings Pinball Wizard in the style of Johnny Cash. What?
- Using the Tinder model to spot fake news.