It’s a strange thing to return to the gestures of normalcy in the face of tectonic national trauma and an idealogical division that extends far beyond red and blue. But to some extent, I’m going to try for the sake of any counterbalance to the insanity underway in our country, after taking today’s sociopolitical rectal temperature.
Even Russia wants nothing to do with nazis, as Trump shits on two senators from his own party before dawn. Meanwhile, the rest of his party won’t talk about him at all, and his beloved business advisory councils have been shut down after the majority of members quit in disgust after Trump repeatedly equated nazis and white supremacists with those who oppose them. Apple’s Tim Cook is the latest to condemn this repugnant, inept and morally corrupt shitstain on our flag, but we can all do our part by refusing to hop on the bandwagon of false equivalency by using the term “alt-left”. There is no alt-left.
- Meanwhile, a nazi was spotted wearing a Johnny Cash shirt in Charlottesville, and the Cash family is having none of that shit.
- Spotify is taking steps to remove hate music from its services.
- Meanwhile, engineers are building soft robots that can heal themselves.
- HBO has shot itself in the dick, and leaked its own top-shelf material. The new Game of Thrones episode is out in the wild, and a huge character dies. Get ready. Salt in the wound arrives in the form of their social media accounts being hacked as well.
- Meanwhile, Sansa and Arya are playing nice on Carpool Karaoke.
- In case you’re wondering, Ted Nugent is still a retarded asshole. Amidst Trump’s clusterfuck nazi support, “The Nuge” is calling him a “great man”.
- Snapchat is unveiling a new “crowdsurf” feature that stitches together concert footage of multiple users.
- Strong new music from J Roddy Walston, called You Know Me Better.
- With all of this absolute fuckery draining the soul out of the world around us, the mojo can feel weighed down. Allow Queens of the Stone Age to deliver you to evil, with an utterly fucking awesome video for The Way You Used To Do – complete with costume changes, choreographed dance moves and a dance-throwdown deal with the devil. “It’s our way of paying tribute to Cab Calloway and the film Hellzapoppin’,” frontman Joshua Homme explained. “I fully realize that may be a little more than some are open to, and that’s perfectly fine with me. There’s the door. If some of the more close-minded are gently pruned, that just leaves more room on the dance floor for the open-minded ones to get loose. That’s been the spirit of Queens Of The Stone Age and the space we’ve worked to create from day one.”
- Action Bronson‘s new book Fuck, That’s Delicious: An Annotated Guide to Eating Well arrives in September.
- LCD Soundsystem go retro in the video for their new track Tonite.
- See reimagined videos for 6 Lorde songs off Melodrama.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson vs. Pink Floyd? What? How?
- When a band anonymously ships tapes labeled “Trump/Comey Recordings” with return addresses for the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church, they’re not just asking for trouble, they’re straight-up leeches on the back of a cancerous monster hovering over our collective national conscience. Fuck The Domestics.
- Detroit post-punkers Protomartyr are back with a new killer called My Children.
- Check out Let It Burn, a new clip from the upcoming movie American Satan, featuring Andy Biersack from Black Veil Brides, Andy Black and The Relentless – the last being a fictional band in the film. The project features a number of high-level rock personalities, and comes from the mind of Sumerian Records founder Ash Avildsen. It hits theaters Friday, Oct. 13.
- The Manchester Arena will reopen following the terrorist bombing that took place earlier this year, and Noel Gallagher will pop the cherry.
- Do not fall for the gentle reflections of a degenerate monster. Chris Brown will not be redeemed.
- If you’re into cruises, you have the chance to see Total Eclipse of The Heart by the original singer during the eclipse. It’s so literal.
Caught up on the new AQ podcast? What’s your excuse? Get upon it.