We’re on the back end of another wild-ass week in this comic book reality. But before we knock out some music headlines, I’d like to revisit a comment from yesterday’s post, to dispel any misconceptions about equality and inclusiveness here on AQ:
If you think this is a time for “discourse” with people who align under a genocidal flag, that little “x” button up top on the tab is your friend – cause you sure as shit aren’t welcome here.
Now let’s get sexy and end this work week on a high note.
- Oh hell yes – a new Mastodon album is only a month away.
- Is Alexa secretly plotting to kill you? Hackers can trace your every move with sonar through your speakers. Somebody’s grandma has been watching Alex Jones, by the sound of it…
- Don’t you hate it when you record a new album and send it off to be pressed into vinyl, only to have unreleased QOTSA songs pressed on it instead?
- Killer Mike’s anti-confederacy shirt is awesome – and you can buy it.
- Everybody knows Pearl Jam’s Better Man, and I continue to adore it because the live version often carries a transcendent Save It For Later tag by the English Beat. But Eddie Vedder wrote the song way back when he was 21, in a band called Bad Radio. Check out an early version.
- Radiohead drummer Phil Selway has soundtracked a new film called Let Me Go, and you can hear a song from the project now.
- Weezer are pushing new product again. The video for Mexican Fender follows a seagull who falls in love with a girl. Yep.
- Robert Plant returns with a new record – listen to new single The May Queen.
- Listen to the first new Grizzly Bear album in five years, called Painted Ruins.
- Kaytranada has remixed Strobelite by Gorillaz, and the results are premium.
- Don Cheadle is all about the music video these days. He stars in Logic‘s new 1-800-273-8255 clip about a young gay man finding acceptance.
- Arnold to Trump: “Your heroes are losers.”
- Meanwhile, Charlie Daniels joins the choir of painfully out of touch old white dudes comparing the removal of loser traitor statues to child-raping terrorist monsters who torture, kill and disrupt life at every turn.
- MTV Unplugged is coming back. Not sure that’s a good thing.
- Kid Cudi and Kanye working on a secret project in Japan? Why not…
Caught up on the new AQ podcast? What’s your excuse? Get upon it.