Think you’ve got it rough? In just the first three days since Hurricane Harvey made landfall, it has already doubled Houston’s previous record for the wettest month in city history. It’s already being called the worst rainstorm in our nation’s history as America’s fourth-largest city drowns.
Oh hey, did I mention the head of the EPA insists that science is not the answer when determining environmental policy? Totally unrelated story of course, and an amazing coincidence, how the poster boy for oil and gas contributions would want to ignore indisputable evidence as he sets the nation’s environmental policy.
While this big orange asshole rages about a wall nobody wants to pay for, he’s also ignoring Mexico’s offer to help with the Houston devastation while politically threatening them and spreading very clear lies about Obama pardons. Meanwhile, the Cajun Navy is taking matters into their own hands down south.
By the way, here’s a bunch of fake Houston flood photos you shouldn’t fall for.
- ZZ Top has made a statement in support of their Houston hometown. Honestly, it’s pretty fucking stupid.
- Your favorite ginger‘s gonna read kids stories on TV. Life aint so bad.
- The National is back with a new single, and the video is quite a time lapse.
- We need a lot more of this guy to reduce meathead homophobia at shows.
- We’ll see a new Patton Oswalt special on Netflix this October. That’s a damn good thing, given how rough life has been for the beloved comic lately.
- Here’s an unnecessary deflecting explanation as to why the MTV VMAs were a bag of vapid uselessness that was mismanaged and didn’t represent anything resembling reality to anyone. In a nutshell: Houston makes people sad, you guys. Also dragons killing things and medieval incest is distracting.
- Patrick Carney and. Michelle Branch made a song for the BoJack Horseman show that I haven’t been able to watch more than ten seconds of without wanting to chug bleach.
- Jason Isbell rocked NPR’s Tiny Desk concert series, and it’s one of the better I’ve seen lately.
- Here’s an article about Kasabian with a tired-ass misleading headline, but this is just to let you know that they’re still fighting the good fight, and they need to come back to America.
- Listen to a new Tricky song called Running Wild, which gives off an old-school Portishead vibe. And that’s a good thing.
- Bowie has hit a billion streams on Spotify. Too bad he’s not still around, that’s a good buck fifty he’d been able to put in his gas tank.
- Chris Cornell‘s brother has had it with conspiracy theories surrounding the singer’s death.
- Here’s a reminder why you cannot just ignore white nationalism. You cannot ignore nazis in the streets. You cannot allow false equivalencies made by our buffoon shitgibbon of a president. Do this instead.
- Go ahead and ruin your day with a metal cover of Look What You Made Me Do.
- That shit’s as weird as Tormund with no beard.
- If you’re a fan of the Game of Thrones source material, some clever digging may have uncovered some very real shit about Jon Snow.
- In the midst of all this bonkers bullshit I’d completely missed the teaser trailer for Supertroopers 2. And now that it’s out there, I’m really glad they didn’t make a sequel to Half Baked.
Happy Birthday Michael.