- Starting out the day with a strong hat tip to Frank Carter, who is getting off the road amidst a hugely promising trajectory to take care of his mental health. “If you are struggling with the weight of the world around you, please talk to someone. Embarrassment breeds Shame, shame breeds loneliness and loneliness will kill you if you let it.”
- RIP: Grant Hart of Husker Du has died following a battle with kidney cancer. He wrote some of their greatest jams. Here’s one.
- Chester’s son Draven looks and sounds so much like his dad. Here he posts a video for National Suicide Prevention Week, promising to talk to someone before taking any action to hurt himself if he feels the urge. It’s stark, it’s sobering, and it’s something we should all do.
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club have announced their new album Wrong Creatures, and the first single Little Thing Gone Wild is a delicious shift in sound.
- South Park hit a goddamn terkerjerbs grand slam last night, and that was without the amazing honkytonk version of Kendrick Lamar’s Humble and the maddening fuckaround they did with Alexa at my house (and millions of others). And now my shopping list has titty chips on it, among other oddities.
- Damn. Soundgarden was the inspiration for the Enter Sandman riff?
- You know exactly what the new Weezer song Beach Boys sounds like.
- Radiohead have reworked their song Bloom for the new Blue Planet series with Hans Zimmer.
- Come be part of a rare Q&A with Nine Inch Nails tonight in Chicago. They’re giving stuff away, and selling vinyl releases you can’t get anywhere else.
- Awww Manson trolled Bieber, took his money and then stood him up.
- Davey Havok interviewed Chino Moreno and that’s a video worth checking out.
- Harrison Ford watches Action Bronson’s Fuck That’s Delicious. That’s all. But that’s cool.
- Jon Jones’ B sample tested the same, so he’s been stripped of his win, Cormier has been reinstated as champion, and this fucker is dead to me.
- Martin Shkreli could be the stupidest asshole on the planet. He now sits in federal prison after requesting a strand of Hillary Clinton’s hair, violating his bond.
- It’s way, way too soon to talk about the sequel to It, but that’s exactly what’s going on here. And there’s some valuable info for anyone who loves the book as much as I do. Things are looking very promising.
- Did this demented gibbon just sign away his entire base? It would seem so, until you explore his morning tweets and see the fuckery underway. Regardless of the DACA outcome, this administration is absolutely fucked.
It needs to be a national fucking holiday when he’s impeached. School needs to be let out, stores need to close, we need to roll up the sidewalks like it’s Christmas Day. More flags & fireworks than the biggest 4th of July parade anyone could imagine. Hologram Tupac & Elvis dancing onstage while Zeppelin (Lombardo on drums!) plays Immigrant Song at the Statue of Liberty.
While we’re at it, here’s a few fascinating details to prove that the GOP consistently and almost unanimously votes for legislation that will harm the majority of Americans.
Have a great day!