Time to make the donuts.
- A Perfect Circle come roaring back in a brooding, rising juggernaut of a new song called The Doomed. That ending!!! I’m Heading to Aftershock this weekend to
shoottake photos – damn, our vernacular changes that quickly – and do interviews, but I’m a good 40% more excited now that this new killer is on the sonic menu…
- Tom Petty was laid to rest. It’s still so hard to believe he’s gone.
- Watch Jason Isbell cover You Got Lucky in tribute. And holy shit, that voice. My goodness.
- At the Drive-In have a new EP arriving Nov. 24, called Diamanté. Now you’re a Black Friday shopper too.
- St. Vincent‘s tremendous new album Masseducation arrives today. Listen up.
- So Axl changed his meds and acts like he gives a shit now. Don’t trip.
- Beck‘s new record Colors is growing on me, even though it sounds like Phoenix is wearing his skin while doing ecstasy in the future.
- Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile made a record with their quirky selves, and I’m thinking thrift store sex. Listen to it.
- George Michael‘s masterpiece is getting a proper deluxe reissue.
- Wanna hear the demo for Master of Puppets? Here you go.
- There’s a “Rowdy” Roddy Piper documentary coming. Here’s the trailer.
- Bjork contributes to the #MeToo campaign.
- If you think Radiohead are whiny and untalented, you’ve found a friend in Fox News.
- New Chris Stapleton record on the way.
- Same goes for Butthole Surfers.
- The KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas lineup is a motherfucker. QOTSA. RTJ. CWK. WTF. SRSLY. WOW.
- The Black Panther trailer should be amazing, but it falls into Marvel’s everything’s-exploding-and-the-world’s-ending overstimulation, with a villain that’s… just like dude, but purple? Jesus, man. I had high hopes.
- Little Britain is never coming back. Goddamnit.