This week is finally damn near over. A little late on today’s roundup, due to a long night with Louis C.K. last night, tearing out my funny bone and damn near beating me to death with hilarity. If you get the chance to see him on this tour, don’t miss it.
Skidding in under the wire are today’s music stories worth checking out…
- St. Vincent is this year’s Record Store Day Ambassador, and is representing the island of “Recordstorda”.
- Thom Yorke singing Baby Got Back? What the fuck?
- Three years ago, As I Lay Dying frontman Tim Lambesis went to prison for trying to hire a hitman to kill his then-wife. Somehow, he’s been released already. If it wasn’t clear, that’s not a good thing at all.
- QOTSA‘s first confirmed live show of the year is happening in Japan, alongside Bjork, Aphex Twin and others at the Fuji Rock Festival.
- Guns n Roses brought Angus Young out to play in Australia as the band tore out covers of Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff – video here.
- Against Me! frontwoman Laura Jane Grace took to The Daily Show last night to promote her new book, Tranny, and had one hell of a conversation.
- Shit’s about to get purple as hell. Here’s the full list of Prince albums hitting Spotify this weekend.
- Sobriety and EDM. What could go wrong? These kids look like they’re having a blaaaaast while Optimus Prime sodomizes a fax machine onstage.
- Telling musicians to “stick to music” in political discussions is dumb and toxic.
- Want to turn your handwriting into a font? Have at it.
- Tim Heidecker wrote a song called Trump Talkin Nukes, and it’s weird as shit.
- Trump knows Japanese. Just kidding, he’s completely pretending.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Got story ideas? Complaints? Sexy haikus? Send ’em over.