The Grammys are behind us, Prince is streaming all over the place, it’s World Radio Day and we’re recording AQ Podcast #5 this morning. Isn’t this supposed to be a holiday?
- Adele broke her Album of The Year Grammy in two and gave half to Beyonce.
- Here’s the full Grammy winners list from last night.
- …and here are the Grammy winners you didn’t see, including Bowie’s win for Best Rock Performance, Cage The Elephant’s win for Best Rock Album and more.
- Listen to Beyonce and Jay Z on DJ Khaled’s surprise new song Shining.
- Today is World Radio Day! Celebrate by listening to fucking Smells Like Teen Spirit and Heathens on repeat all day long.
- RIP Al Jarreau, legendary jazz singer.
- Researchers have revealed how people lose their accent when they sing.
- Joni Mitchell made an appearance at a Grammys pre-party, a rare outing after she suffered a brain aneurysm two years ago.
- Sending love and support to Dillinger Escape Plan, whose tour bus was involved in a serious crash over the weekend (they’re ok).
- What the golden Power Ranger villain fuck, Cee-Lo?
- Bruno Mars’ tribute to Prince with Morris Day and The Time was badass.
- So was A Tribe Called Quest and Anderson .Paak’s performance, though Q-Tip was a little too excited for the moment in the first half. He delivered the most powerful moment of the night at the conclusion, however, shouting “Resist! Resist! Resist! Resist!”
- Motherfuckers calling the Metallica/Gaga performance a “trainwreck” need a sharp, cold slap in the face. Sure, Hetfield’s mic was jacked for the first half, but the shit rocked.
- Prince’s reissue of Purple Rain arrives on June 9, and will include two “incredible albums of previously unreleased Prince music” as well as two complete concert films. Jesus.
- Katy Perry made sorta fun of the crazy babytalk hillbilly we’re all supposed to call a superstar without laughing, and the internet’s mad about it.
- Corey Taylor is jacking up all kinds of high hopes about the new Stone Sour record.
- Metallica’s heading out on tour with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat.
- Songlink lets you share tracks from a ton of streaming services in a single link.
- A new Ableton Live pack from pATCHES lets you use various Radiohead grooves from any of the band’s studio tracks for your own productions.
- Watch Ace Frehley and Mike McCready of Pearl Jam play Kiss’ Cold Gin in Seattle.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Got story ideas? Complaints? Sexy haikus? Send ’em over.