It’s a beautiful day, as the Antiquiet Podcast is now on iTunes. Episode 6 covers the evolution of protest music, and starts with an original AQ exclusive: Jesse Hughes and his sexdemon Eagles Of Death Metal crew covering It’s So Easy by Guns N’ Roses (which is definitely not a protest song).
Meanwhile, a dump truck of relevant music headlines is unloading all over you:
- A Perfect Circle is back in action, and here’s some interesting quotes and a new band photo for you to hang on your wall, and do what comes naturally as you listen to Thinking of You.
- The new At The Drive In record in•ter a•li•a arrives available May 5th and you can pre-order now. Check out new track Incurably Innocent.
- The new Spoon record is fantastic. Here’s the video for new single Can I Sit Next To You, which has apparently been playing as pre-concert music at venues and as boarding music for airlines for months.
- There’s a phenomenally rip-roaring jam called Old Man Ron by the now-defunct L.A. outfit The Ringers. Turns out he was a real man, and he just died. His story is compelling.
- Eric Church has cancelled 25,000 tickets to his shows, after he commissioned a proprietary technology capable of determining which were bought by scalpers or bots.
- RIP: A stagehand died tragically on tour with Avenged Sevenfold when another crew member (who is now in critical condition) fell from the rafters on top of him.
- When Coldplay, Gwen Stefani and Alessia Cara are on your mix, you don’t get to say it’s the most scientifically perfect workout playlist in existence. It’s a BPM scale, and far better songs can apply.
- Chester Bennington stopped singing with Stone Temple Pilots so he could spend time with his family, and that’s respectable as hell.
- Jay Z the venture capitalist? Yep. And he wants to start his own fund.
- Roger Waters wants to perform The Wall on the US/Mexico border.
- Bonnie “Prince” Billy has shared a beautiful new song called Treasure Maps, on a new compilation.
- M.I.A. is publicly begging Radiohead to play her Meltdown festival.
- Things are smelling increasingly off in the battle between Kesha and Dr. Luke. And it’s not looking great for the trashy supposed-genius who sing-brags about puking in closets and brushing her teeth with whiskey.
- Cate Blanchett simply lip-syncing is enough to melt a man.
- The 1975 covered Sade’s untouchable classic By Your Side, and you need to hear this autotuned shitshow.
- That woman-beating scumbag is still doing what he does best: threatening his romantic prospects with physical violence.
- Your metalhead friend who still won’t shut up about Metallica dropping the bass ball on …And Justice For All just got a reaffirming boost from Hetfield.
- Launchpad for iOS and Blocs Wave have combined to form Bloc Export, for a comprehensive music-making ecosystem for the iOS.
- Listen to all the Oscar nominees for Best Original Song.
- Watch Emma Watson sing the opening number to the upcoming Beauty and The Beast live-action film.
Keep up with the new music worth hearing on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.