Happy Thursday, you rapscallions. Have you subscribed to the AQ Podcast yet?
Today’s roundup awaits…
- QOTSA. Iggy Pop. EODM. ATDI. Wu-Tang. Holy shit, Montebello Rock Fest. Time to get your ass to Canada.
- And is there a new QOTSA single already on deck? No, there’s not. The band’s management calls the news “totally fake”.
- Bono praises Mike Pence’s anti-AIDS work, oblivious to the fact that he personally laid the groundwork for a massive HIV outbreak in Indiana.
- Famous last words of Bob Marley and a ton of others.
- The most batshit crazy awesome music video you’ve ever seen is right here.
- Phil Anselmo’s back with a “supergroup” called Scour, and as long as you’re cool with a troglodyte racist whose long overstayed his welcome, check out their live debut. Here’s an alternate angle for the die-hards.
- A gold, naked Kanye statue in a Jesus pose, on his tippie-toes. Sounds about right, Los Angeles.
- Donald Glover and Chance the Rapper are talking, you guys. Let’s give them some space.
- David Pajo was in Zwan with Billy Corgan, and compares the bald Pumpkin King to Trump’s “bully mentality”.
- Soundgarden is headlining the Beale St. Music Festival, on a lineup that’s all over the map: Snoop Dogg to Kings of Leon, Death Cab to Wiz Khalifa.
- Bob’s Burgers is getting its own Music Album via Sub Pop, featuring St. Vincent, The National, Aziz Ansari and more.
- Third Man Pressing is bringing upwards of fifty living-wage jobs to Detroit.