Friday is upon us! Last night was a beautiful one, catching Alain Johannes at the Monty with friends/family. Now for today’s headlines…
- The new Gorillaz record is complete, and live rehearsals are underway.
- Go behind the scenes of Third Man Records’ new vinyl pressing plant in Detroit.
- Animals that look like they’re about to drop hot mixtapes.
- Looks like there’s some big Foo news on the way… and if you live in England, chances are you’re in serious luck.
- Queen Illuminata has cancelled her Coachella performance due to impending soul breach, but she’s headlining next year and resale prices are dropping this year.
- Universal’s record revenues last year saw streaming overtake physical sales for the first time in history.
- A reviewer mentioned that Axl is recording an album with AC/DC, and the rock n’ roll handwringers are losing their miiiiinds.
- Spotify is moving into podcasting, clearly inspired by Antiquiet’s leap into the ‘casting arena.
- Steven Adler. Dude. These GNR sour grapes are no good. You’re a burned out fucking mess who could barely speak just a few years ago from all the shit you did to yourself. Appreciate the graceful nod of respect and stage time you were given and get the fuck out of the way. Maybe shut your mom up, while you’re at it.
- Instead of doing drugs, just wear a vibrator at the club!
- Stream Future’s second new album in a week, Hndrxx.
- Rob Zombie will voice a character in the next Guardians of The Galaxy movie.
- Highly Suspect have finally released a video for their smash single My Name is Human. Kinda wish I hadn’t seen it, tbh.
- Find out how much Clutch, AFI, Meshuggah, Taking Back Sunday and more made on the road at various tour stops over the last couple months.
- Richard Spencer called Depeche Mode the “official band of the alt.right” – and Depeche Mode says fuck right off with that bullshit.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Got story ideas? Mind control experiments? Send ’em over.