After recording a Jameson-fueled new AQ Podcast with Skwerl last night, we went and discovered exactly why Chance The Rapper rented an entire movie theater last weekend just so people could see Get Out for free. That movie is absolute goddamn fire, best flick I’ve seen in a very long time.
On with today’s relevant headlines…
- That Incubus + Chino + Skrillex collab I mentioned yesterday? Yeah, here’s a teaser of the Deftones frontman recording his vocal.
- Took you long enough: U2 is being sued for $5 million by a British guitarist who says they stole part of their song The Fly from him.
- Brother Ali’s new song Pen to Paper is his first solo track in five years, and goddamn. Another track, the soulful Own Light, follows up with heartfire.
- Also check out a new Alain Johannes track called Chopper Fight from the Ghost Recon soundtrack.
- Ween are going out on tour.
- Chad Smith tells Trump fucker Scott Baio to eat a bag of dicks.
- Up to 20% of all Spotify songs aren’t played even once. Thankfully, Forgotify will help you randomly dig into the forgotten jams.
- Apple is working on “new features for podcasts,” which sounds vague as hell.
- Here’s how Kraftwerk turned a Nintendo Power Glove into a MIDI controller.
- Soundcloud has offered a new tiered price for their service, with a $4.99 plan touted as SoundCloud Go+. The catch? This is what SC’s free tier used to be.
- Digital royalties leaped 60% for independent publishers last year.
- Here’s a lost solo track from Suede frontman Brett Anderson, called Forest Lullaby.
- New Lorde music hits on Thursday.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Inside scoop? Criticism? Tasteful nudes? Send ’em over.