The music news is deep and thick today – strap in. And if you haven’t caught up on the latest AQ Podcast… you’re missing out. Get upon that.
- Music gives you the same high as sex and drugs, according to researchers who suck at sex and can’t find any good drugs.
- Kool Keith, QBert & Dan The Automator will perform Dr. Octagon live for the first time ever.
- Clutch has announced the first-ever Earth Rocker Festival, on May 20 in Inwood, West Virginia.
- Watch Joshua Homme discuss Eagles of Death Metal’s return to the stage following the Paris attacks from the upcoming Nos Amis film.
- Jerry Cantrell‘s new song from the John Wick sequel is all kinds of old-school Alice in Chains delicious.
- Watch Anderson .Paak play his best song Come Down with a gospel choir in his hometown of Oxnard, CA.
- Listen to Son Volt’s new album Notes of Blue, a lean + mean collection of guitar rockers.
- There’s a changing narrative for music video, and Google is betting the house on YouTube.
- Trouble falling asleep? Check out some music which has been scientifically proven to help you.
- Garbage and Blondie are touring together.
- Thor Harris of Swans was banned from Twitter for posting a highly useful tutorial on how to punch nazis. Now he’s back, like a fucking American.
- Someone made a track entirely out of samples recorded at the Women’s March on Washington.
- Liam Gallagher’s most hilarious one-liners, including this about Radiohead. “I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself!”
- AC/DC pranks GNR with airport security scare. How come our Grandpas never did cool shit like that?
- Radiohead is playing Tel Aviv, despite international boycotts due to Israel’s illegal settlements and inhumane treatment of Palestinians.
- Elton John + George Clinton are curating a new vinyl subscription service, giving members insight into artists’ favorite records.
- Get your Guns n’ Roses Valentine’s bouquets, for that special Fredericks of Hollywood shopper in your life. You know, the one who uses a bottle of hairspray a week.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Got story ideas? Gripes? Creepy haikus? Send ’em over.