Friday. Finally. Has this been a week of fucked up polarities for anyone else? At least we’ll see some new Tool tour dates next week, words I didn’t think I’d be writing this year. But to hell with all that, let’s all go to Urban Outfitters and spend our cash on the official Metallica clothing line, you guys!
Anyway, check out the new AQ Podcast, Musical Wings + Musical Anchors. In it, we explore music as a higher form of language, as a tool for catharsis & escapism. It’s the good shit.
On with some damn fine new music and worthwhile headlines today:
- The new Chris Cornell song has strains of Euphoria Morning in it, and that’s a high compliment.
- Nicki Minaj is back at doing what Nicki Minaj does best.
- Two new David Bowie limited-edition album releases are on the way for Record Store Day.
- The upcoming U2 Joshua Tree reissue will be an enormous 7-LP delivery with demos, outtakes, remixes and more.
- Daft Punk and The Weeknd have delivered a video for their I Feel It Coming collaborative track.
- Listen to the Shins’ fifth LP Heartworms in its entirety right now.
- Watch MØ and Snakehips cover Childish Gambino’s “Redbone”.
- Lorde’s new song Liability is some really, really good shit. Learn more about it here.
- Body Count’s new song The Ski Mask Way is straight-up old-man violence retarded.
- The video for the phenomenal new P.O.S. song Faded has arrived, and just in time – it was a point of focus for the new AQ Podcast, Musical Wings + Musical Anchors.
- Big brands are pulling way back at SXSW, and that’s a very good thing. In other words, no gigantic Doritos box for Lady Gaga to play in.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Inside scoop? Criticism? Tasteful nudes? Send ’em over.