It’s been a few days, but I think we’re all better off without last week’s would’ve-been drunken midday roundups from SXSW. All bets are off when the alcohol is free and the party doesn’t stop for a week-plus. We did, however, record a podcast about our adventures while in the midst of the madness. Catch up on the latest AQ Podcast episode, Messin’ With SXSW.
Did you catch the new Dave Chappelle specials on Netflix? As of midnight last night, they’re aliiiiiiive. And holy shit, they’re narrated by Morgan Freeman.
On with today’s stories…
- Katy Perry talks about praying the gay away at Jesus camp when she was a kid, and doing a whole lot more than “I Kissed a Girl” suggests.
- Chuck Berry’s final album will be released, with new music coming this week.
- Gorillaz. Demon Days. Vinyl. Finally.
- The Chili Peppers covered Johnny B. Goode in tribute to that big-dicked motherfucker.
- Elton John interviews Father John Misty about his new record.
- Three new FJM songs reignite my faith in earnest pop sardonics.
- Holy shit, there’s a new Thelonious Monk album.
- Mac Lethal returns with a hilarious Rap Grammar Lesson… For Internet Trolls. It fires up just before three minutes.
- Shaq thinks the world is flat, our heroes and leaders are fucking retarded, and here’s Tom with the weather.
- Mastodon’s Brent Hinds is returning to Game of Thrones, White Walker style.
- If you’ve never seen The Raid, you’re missing out on a master class in action movies.
- David Wain, Michael Showalter, and Michael Ian Black have finally returned for a new Stella short.
- A very pregnant Natalie Portman is the centerpiece of the new James Blake video.
- Trent Reznor is on the new Todd Rundgren album?
- Is your unwatchable shaky video you took from that show you went to actually illegal?
- The Guinness World Record for the longest-ever concert is underway right now. Watch live as these silly pasty people make terrible music.
- Tool keep expanding their tour plans…
- There’s a Queen Monopoly set, and that is hilariously rad.
- Alessandro Cortini, Nine Inch Nails collaborator, is releasing a new album.
- There’s an alternate ending to Star Wars: Rogue One, and maybe everybody doesn’t die after all.
- A bitchy old white dude is in trouble for selling shirts about being black. Oh, Morrissey.