Everything is on fire, but at least we have music. And a creepy weird clay dude who’s definitely going to do things to your butt.
Anyway, here are today’s top stories…
- Listen to the new Chuck Berry song Big Boys with Tom Morello and Nathaniel Rateliff. Watch for Marty McFly in the solo.
- Chuck Berry was a bad motherfucker, but he was also a seriously creepy dude.
- Kesha keeps getting shut down in court. Make of that what you will. “Hate crime” my ass.
- Here’s your full 2017 Record Store Day list of releases, including a bunch of Prince reissues. And a Johnny Cash children’s album?
- The Lollapalooza lineup is a bit retarded. Muse? The Killers? Blink? What?
- A great read on the rise of Jack White’s Third Man Records, and how it became the most influential vinyl maker in America.
- New Nine Inch Nails on July 23, or just the FYF Fest announcement? Be ready.
- The songwriters behind TLC’s No Scrubs are now credited on Ed Sheeran’s Shape of You because there’s some rippin’ goin’ on.
- Slick Rick’s Children’s Story is becoming an actual children’s book.
- Blondie has a new single, and if my grandma made a song it would sound like this too.
- Scientists at MIT have developed a chip that mimics the circulatory system of Trees.
- Some strong racial allegations are being leveled at Diddy’s Revolt TV for being prejudiced against “old white men”.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Inside scoop? Criticism? Tasteful nudes? Send ’em over.