Ugh. Sick on a Monday. The gears don’t stop turning though, so let’s get this machine in motion. Check out the latest Antiquiet Podcast, featuring an interview with Radkey and a breakdown of the ravages of hookworm on the mental development of the South over the last two centuries. No, really.
Anyway, here are the music stories worth reading today:
- There’s a Motley Crue biopic in the works, based on the incredible book The Dirt. Neflix talks are underway, while the Jackass director is on board.
- If MDMA can cure tinnitus, the universe may as well just fold in on itself in a fit of hyperirony.
- Facebook has a “comprehensive music strategy” to take on YouTube and Spotify. Good luck.
- Kendrick Lamar is on new-album approach with the track The Heart Part 4.
- Watch: Killer Mike and Big Boi are animated foxes on HBO’s Animals.
- Makin’ a loop song, walking down the street. This is pretty badass.
- The cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 made you a mixtape, and it’s a pretty badass run of classics.
- Ghost underwent a full lineup change, and debuted a different stage approach. Check it out.
- Drake is cleaning right the fuck up with his More Life release. Meanwhile, Kanye’s making more beige Swiss-cheese homeless people clothes.
- I could not be less interested in “Big little Lies,” but the music on the show is superb.
- Here’s video + more from Gorillaz’ return to the stage, debuting Humanz in full.
- Blackest of The Black festival to feature Danzig, Ministry, Corrosion of Conformity + more. Check it out.
- One dead and 15+ injured in a Cincinnati nightclub shooting over the weekend.
- Stranger Things neon vinyl soundtrack box set reissue and fuck yeah this looks awesome.
- Snoop Dogg will induct Tupac into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
- Listen to the first Jesus + Mary Chain album in almost 20 years.
- Here’s a nice collection of the best Free Music Download Apps for Android.
- Rammstein are rounding the final bend on their new album. Finally.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Inside scoop? Criticism? Tasteful nudes? Send ’em over.