A metric ton of new music and updates hits just in time for Friday. All is good.
- The new song from 68 is a staggering, smash-strut fit of excellence. Listen to This Life is Old, New, Borrowed and Blue.
- A Tribe Called Quest deliver Dis Generation video, taking over streets, subway and stage.
- The top music apps changing the way we experience music – with a caveat: Tidal is included.
- There’s a new A Perfect Circle album on the way, and most Tool fans feel like just that.
- EDM is a government conspiracy to ruin us all.
- Radiohead played The Tourist for the first time in ten jillion years last night. Check out a full scoop of melancholy sap.
- Broken Social Scene are back with a new song, Halfway Home. Their upcoming new album features Feist as well.
- Kirk Hammett is putting his horror + sci-fi art on display in a new exhibition.
Unseen David Bowie footage from a new documentary.
- Feminist punk icon Poly Styrene is getting a documentary of her own.
- Remember that Kasabian video from yesterday, with Noel Fielding? Yeah, assholes are mad at them for using the word “psycho,” because crazy people are sensitive.
- Streaming has overtaken physical sales and downloads. Skynet arrives.
- Kanye + Mary J. Blige made a track together. MJB sounds like a sad angel, Kanye is just a mess.
- Insane Clown Posse are poem thieves? Donald Trump is president. Everything makes sense.
- The sad tale of Bob Seger, a hitmaker who resisted the digital transition and whose music has been almost entirely forgotten.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Inside scoop? Criticism? Tasteful nudes? Send ’em over.
Photo by Allison White