The latest Antiquiet Podcast is up, featuring whiskey-fueled mixtape ramblings from the days of radio-dubbing cassette obsessions through the symbiotic rise of CD burners and filesharing platforms, on through the Spotify playlist era.
On with today’s relevant music headlines…
- Beyonce out, Metallica’s new lead singer in.
- Seattle has a new music festival – check out the inaugural lineup of the Upstream fest.
- In Trump’s America, it makes perfectly logical sense that Tom DeLonge has been named Researcher of The Year by the International UFO Congress.
- If you’ve bought Coachella tickets or use the official site’s forum, you should change your login info asap.
- Hannibal Buress, Fred Armisen, Ice Cube and more are playing the first Comedy Central Festival.
- Chance the Rapper talks Trump, Chappelle, Chicago and more over wings with Katie Couric.
- Billy Corgan was suicidal after Pearl Jam and Nirvana rose to fame.
- PJ Harvey is set to join Swans to headline the Off Festival in August.
- 8-bit covers of Metallica, Iron Maiden, System of a Down and more.
- Slayer and Lamb of God hit the road this summer.
- Otep’s frontwoman wants to swing on the girls from Butcher Babies, and it’s all very stupid but highly entertaining to hear throwdown threats from women who look + act like comic book characters.
- Modest Mouse are heading out on tour at the end of May.
- Phoenix is heading out on the road as well, with new music to follow.
- A mashup of Zelda’s Ocarina of Time and Metallica’s Nothing Else Matters works, oddly.