Happy 4/20 boys and girls, I hope everything is better for you today.
- Roger Waters has a new album on the way, called Is This The Life We Really Want? It’s a reflection of the current nightmare we’re embroiled in.
- On the flipside of sociopolitical dissent, Bruce Springsteen released a Trump-bashing protest song that’s being touted as a great fist in the sky – but you can’t hear it without cracking open your wallet (actually, you can’t do that either – the website hosting the song has crashed). Never mind all that talk of elitist lefties living in a bubble of exclusivity, Bruce is here to save the day, a dollar at a time. As long as you’ve got the cash. That shit is gross.
- Portugal. The Man have released their own pre-rolled cannabis blend called Feel it Still, and that’s dankly badass.
- The single most vapid hipster headline of the year goes to Lana Del Rey Previews New Song Inspired By North Korea (written on her way home from Coachella).
- iMovie, Garageband and iWork apps are now all free for iOS users. Thanks, Apple.
- Are your Bose headphones spying on you? Apparently so. They’re also reportedly selling your data.
- Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood sampled Thom Yorke saying “shit” and pranked him with it onstage, looping it in real time.
- A band of white people in Brooklyn called themselves Eskimeaux, and that doesn’t sit well with a real life
EskimoInuit. “If you want to use the word Eskimo you had better be an Eskimo or I’ll eat your lunch,” she tweeted. They changed their name to O.
- 12 weird-ass things we learned about Prince since his death. And no, one of them is not how badly the new EP sucks ass.
- By the way, Prince’s new EP has been pulled from iTunes after estate lawsuit. And really, that’s ok. It’s really not a good collection of songs – at all.
- Guy thinks he can “clean up” EDM and stop the drug deaths from an entire genre of music lovers who wantonly gulp down random pills and powders. The article is packed with misleading bullshit such as: “This doesn’t tell the full story, however, as the chemical in pure ecstasy, MDMA, only rarely causes death on its own; instead, factors such as overheating and dehydration are often contributing factors in rave settings.” Also, feel bad for the dude. “I feel like I’ve done so much good for so many people and it never gets reported.” Yeah, maybe because people are fucking dying at your shows, cool guy.
- Spotify’s “branded moments” are coming, and it’s all designed to get you to experience more advertising. So fuck this noise.
- More creepy weird new-stuff teasings from Marilyn Manson…
- Watch a new trailer for Jack White’s American Epic series, featuring Elton John, Alabama Shakes, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and more.
- Bi Boi has a new album called Boomiverse on the way, featuring a weird batch of collaborators.
- Don Cheadle is the original Kung Fu Kenny, according to Kendrick.
- New Beatles documentary on the way to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Sgt. Peppers.
- The long, slow and apparently chemical-addled downfall of Wes Scantlin, singer for Puddle of Mudd, continues.
- Bill O’Reilly once wrote a book about a fired TV journalist who gets revenge by murdering his former coworkers. Just sayin’.
- A new Tim Burton-themed bar is coming to L.A., and that’s… interesting.
- There’s a new Tom Morello song called Keep Going, but you’ll have to dig around in a podcast to find it.
- New HAIM on the way…
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify.