Happy Tuesday, you beautiful animals. Get ready for your browser history to be used against you for cringe-worthingly specific advertising at the very least. Agent Orange signed the bill repealing internet privacy rules this morning. But please, tell me more about how many gender pronouns I have to memorize to be “woke” enough to be on the right side of history, as theaters around the world bring 1984 back to the big screen in collective protest.
- Chuck Berry once gave Keith Richards a black eye, and with good reason.
- Bjork has become a bioluminescent godly figure in a stunning new video from her song Notget, and it’s trippy as all hell.
- “We are going to be victorious. Here’s the fucking head on the stake in front of our army. We’re coming back.” – Cedric Bixler-Zavala on Hostage Stamps. Here’s the new video for At The Drive-In’s strongest track in a long while.
- Your guilty pleasure music is being used to get you to buy more stuff.
- You can buy Tupac’s nose stud, but that booger bait is gonna cost you.
- B&O have unveiled their new audio tiles, providing an artistic wall of sound for your house.
- If you’re hating life, don’t worry – most of the universe may not actually exist. Take that, Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
- Beth Ditto from The Gossip has a solo record on the way, and a new track to tease it with. Listen to Fire.
- Travis Scott and Kendrick Lamar deliver their goosebumps video, flaming skeletons and all.
- AC/DC’s Brian Johnson has a new interview + travel series coming to TV.
- Mount Kimbie teamed with James Blake for the new track We Go Home Together.
- Justin Trudeau introduced Feist to perform Leonard Cohen’s Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye. Has anything non-hockey related ever been more Canadian?
- Tool have added new dates to the tour they’re going on without releasing a new record. Meanwhile, A Perfect Circle has a new album due this year, and Maynard is undoubtedly in the hills of his Arizona vineyards as I type this, quietly singing to his grapes in the pre-dawn calm.
- The SoundCloud vs. Bandcamp meme war is on, and hilarious.
- A British DJ played a sample of a Muslim call to prayer during his set at a Tunisian club, and all hell broke loose. The club was shut down, the manager was arrested and the DJ has deleted his FB page.
- AFI + No Doubt = Dreamcar, and their new video/single Kill For Candy is available now – complete with Davey Havok’s pedo mustache.
- Headline of the day: Hackers Can Easily Hijack This Dildo Camera and Livestream the Inside of Your Vagina (Or Butt). Yep.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify, updated damn near every day.
Story ideas? Gripes? Send ’em over.