Sweet baby Jesus it’s Friday. Another week down, and another set of absolutely insane directives from our leadership arrives. This time
evil Benjamin Button Jeff Sessions is calling for a return to mandatory minimum sentences for drug offenders.
- No Desert Trip ’17, which means no Zeppelin reunion, so for the love of God please, for fuck’s sake PLEASE Shut Up About a Led Zeppeling Reunion Already. You honestly expected that in the Trump era?
- KRS-One paid badass tribute to a late Beastie Boy…. except he honored the wrong one. Ad-Rock is still alive.
- Watch At The Drive-In tear the shit out of Kimmel’s stage.
- Listen to new Fleet Foxes song Fools Errand.
- Two new Prince songs from the Purple Rain reissue are up for listening, but will definitely be taken down by his pain in the ass family soon. So listen up.
- Listen to Paramore cover The Stokes jam Someday, and that’s perfectly fitting.
- Because the first half of Paramore‘s new album is cool-island pop garbage. Listen to the entire thing.
- The No Doubt/AFI Frankenstein group Dreamcar‘s new album is also available for streaming.
- Watch Phoenix’s new video for J Boy, depicting a fake TV performance.
- Learn all about Haim’s new album right here.
- Apparently the MP3 is dead? Apparently that’s utter nonsense.
- Dexter Holland of The Offspring just got his PHD in molecular biology… for a white guy.
- Marilyn Manson plays a hitman in the upcoming film Let Me Make You a Martyr. Watch the trailer.
- The new Blink song sounds kinda like old Blink, which is exactly what they’re aiming for.
- A radio station has been playing a PSA for years… on how to hide child porn from authorities.
- Rob Zombie just unmasked the frontman for Ghost. Then he deleted it. But internets is forever.
- New Melvins song called Christ Hammer is now ready for your ears.
- There’s a Bob Marley ice cream now, thanks to Ben & Jerry’s.
- Jay Z just signed a $200 million, 10-year concert deal with Live Nation.
- Doppler’s new earbuds detect and eliminate all sound around you. As in, these are real noise-cancelling buds.
- A Gorillaz album promo at the site of a Vietnam Veterans’ memorial in Australia is not cool.
- A look into the uncompromising vision of XL Recordings.
- All three punk guitar chords, ranked.
- Norm Macdonald doesn’t like his new stand-up special.
Keep up with new music on the Firecloud’s Fresh Blood playlist on Spotify.