As the release of Jack White’s sophomore solo LP Lazaretto draws closer and closer, Third Man Records has announced the release of the “Ultra LP,” a version of the album that is now available for pre-order via the Third Man Store and contains a whole bunch of goodies. Allow Jack White and Ben Blackwell to describe the contents Ultra LP in the video below.
In case you were confused, the Ultra LP contains the following:
– 180 gram vinyl
– 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
– 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
– Side A plays from the outside in
– Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
– Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
– Both sides end with locked grooves
– Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
– Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
– Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
– Different running order from the CD/digital version
– LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version
Lazaretto hits shevles on June 10th and you can hear two songs from the record both here and here.